Experience the spirit, characters and customs that make Carmel unique!
- Feel the presence of early artists and artisans who created this beautiful hamlet – the perfect vehicle for creative expression.
- Hear the words of California’s poet Robinson Jeffers, Feminist Mary Austin or Nobel Winner John Steinbeck as you are introduced to the locations that inspired them so.
- Delight in the charms of storybook cottages, the work of famous architects Bernard Maybeck and Charles Sumner Greene, as you meander through fragrant gardens, hidden pathways, and artistically & aesthetically pleasing courtyards and neighborhoods often missed by most visitors.
- Meet some of today’s creative geniuses while touring their amazing studios of world renowned photography and fine art.
- Hear the rollicking stories of Carmel’s early days including today’s famous residents such as Clint Eastwood & Doris Day.
- Inhale the aromas and fragrances of the shops and restaurants as you leisurely stroll through the dozens of fascinating venues.